Top Ten Tuesday ~ Autobuy Authors

A lot of authors have come and gone from my autobuy list. I suspect that's true for a lot of people. If Barbara Hambly writes a fantasy novel, it's an autobuy. Her other books I'm not as urgent about. Jennifer Crusie used to be auto buy, but that ended when she started co-authoring books. It's also been so long since she put out a book that, well . . . we'll see. Also, some authors have written series that I was avid about, but I haven't caught fire over their other books. I also have to confess that this isn't actually an autobuy list because if the book is priced too high, I'll wait for a sale, try to find it used, or see if the library has it. Even so, my Top Ten List comes up short.


Harlan CobenTop of the list is Harlan Coben.


He's a pretty fast writer so it doesn't take forever between books. He writes both a series and stand alones and even has a YA series. I've read them all.



                               His latest

                          The Stranger








Courtney Milan Next up is Courtney Milan. She's the only historical romance author I'm guaranteed to read. Or maybe I can't say that any more because her last book was a contemporary New Adult romance. So I guess I'll read anything by her. She started with Harlequin, but happily, she's gone indie. I say happily because she keeps her prices reasonable.

Her first series was the Carthart series. I was hooked.





Stacia Kane


Stacia Kane is on the list because of her on-going urban(ish) fantasy series, Downside Ghosts. I don't know if she'll maintain her place on the list if she ever moves on to another series, but for the moment, she's golden.



               Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts Book 1)






Rainbow Rowell



Rainbow Rowell writes New Adult. No series. Just standalone books. I think she has four out now, so  she's pretty new to the list. My favorite of hers is her first. That might be because it's always a surprise when you have no track record with an author. After that, you have "expectations."

                                                          Attachments: A Novel






Michael PerryMichael Perry is an anomaly because it's rare for a non-fiction author to make my auto read list. He's an essayist, who writes with humor. He's also a bit of a wordsmith. So now he's written his first novel, which I'm dying to get my hands on.

                 The Jesus Cow: A Novel




So that's it. The authors who write books I lust after as soon as their newest book is released. Who's on your list?

Check out who else is participating at Broke and Bookish.

8 comments:

  1. Rainbow Rowell is also on my list. She's probably my favorite author right now, after Rowling and Austen. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbow Rowell made my list, too! I just started reading historical romance recently and have several of Courtney Milan's books on my TBR. I'm excited to read them!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had writers who have disappeared from a to read list, simply because they disappeared and stopped writing altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. I have those, too. I hope the rise of self-publishing might make that happen less often in the future.

      Delete
  4. I didn't realize Courtney Milan had written a contemporary - where have I been? lol
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list, Suzi. I also tend to watch for sales and such before buying books--even ones I know I will want to read. I can't afford to buy every book I want.

    I've only read one Harlan Coben book and really liked it. I keep meaning to try his series. I'm not familiar with Stacia Kane, but it sounds like maybe I should be. I'll have to check her series out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read Harlan Corben's Tell No One but really enjoyed it! Also, yay for Rainbow Rowell :) Great list!

    Thanks fro dropping by my TTT earlier this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful choices and it's so nice to see Harlan Corben on there too! xx

    ReplyDelete