Tuesday Teaser/Opening ~ Unveiled



Last week, I did a teaser from Courtney Milan's The Governess Affair. That started something, so this week, I'm rereading Unveiled. I don't read a lot of historical romance, but Courtney Milan is on my auto-buy list, and this is my favorite of her books.


Blurb:
Of all Ash Turner's accomplishments, stealing a dukedom from his old enemy is by far the most brazen. Now that he's been recognized as the heir, nothing remains but to head to Parford Manor and survey the estate that will be his. He expects opposition.

He gets Lady Margaret.

Margaret lost everything when Ash claimed the dukedom: her dowry, her legitimacy, and her place in society. Now Ash wants to take her family home, too. She disguises herself as a nurse, determined to learn his weaknesses. But the closer she comes to Ash, the greater the pull of his reckless charm. If she wants to reclaim what she has lost, her only choice is to betray the man she is beginning to love...


The First Paragraph:
Somerset, August 1837
  So this was how it felt to be a conquering hero.
  Ash Turner--once plain Mr. Turner; now, so long as fate stayed Parliament's hand, the future Duke of Parford--sat back on his horse as he reached the crest of the hill.

Teaser:
It was not lust itself he felt, but the premonition of desire, as if the wind that whipped around his cravat were whispering in his ears. Her. Choose her.

Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: Grab your current readOpen to a random pageShare two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! To see what others are sharing on the Teaser Tuesdays, check the comments at: http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/ 

Share the first paragraph (or a few) from a book you are reading. Here's the link: Bibliophile By The Sea

20 comments:

  1. An interesting first few lines to the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good historical romance. I'd keep reading. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a re-read, so it's guaranteed I'll enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. LOL He gets Lady Maragaret. Sounds like he gets a handful. The cover art is pretty:)
    Here is my teaser - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/16/teaser-tuesdays-81-free-short-story-raker-by-christopher-a-gray-move-over-robocop/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is a handful. And Milan does her own cover art, so it's usually very good.

      Delete
  4. Not the type of book I usually read, but I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't usually read this kind of book, but it does sound intriguing. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I hope you like. Courtney Milan is my favorite historical romance author.

      Delete
  7. Great opening, and I love the whispering wind in your Teaser. Good writing.
    Here's the link to my Tuesday post: Tumbleweeds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a decent intro, but not my genre. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for joining Suzie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not my usual genre, but this sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except for Milan, this isn't my usual genre either, but she's too good not to read.

      Delete
  10. I love the teaser, Suzie! It sounds both sweet and mysterious, and I think that sometimes we can really 'hear' what the wind tries to tell us.
    Thanks for stopping by my TT yesterday. Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought having him hear it on the wind was a nice, non-cliche way of handling that.

      Delete
  11. I think the Teaser is very romantic. Sitting at the crest of the hill, he seems awfully full of himself. Crest is that the top or bottom? Need a dictionary.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really like that Dark And Stormy Knight. It almost took my attention from the meme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a fun read. I hope they both get what they want.

    ReplyDelete