Tuesday Teaser ~ Found

I don't know how I missed that third book of Harlan Coben's YA was out, but I did, so this week, I'm reading Found: A Mickey Bolitar Novel, Book 3. While I can happily recommend the series (or anything else by Harlan), this series does need to be read in order for it to make the most sense.

Blurb:
It’s been eight months since Mickey Bolitar witnessed the shocking, tragic death of his father. Eight months of lies, dark secrets, and unanswered questions. While he desperately wants answers, Mickey’s sophomore year of high school brings on a whole new set of troubles. Spoon is in the hospital, Rachel won’t tell him where he stands, his basketball teammates hate him . . . and then there’s Ema’s surprise announcement: She has an online boyfriend, and he’s vanished.

As he’s searching for Ema’s missing boyfriend (who may not even exist!), Mickey also gets roped into helping his nemesis, Troy Taylor, with a big problem. All the while, Mickey and his friends are pulled deeper into the mysteries surrounding the Abeona Shelter, risking their lives to find the answers—until the shocking climax, where Mickey finally comes face-to-face with the truth about his father.

Opening:
Eight months ago, I watched my father's coffin being lowered into the ground. Today I was watching it being dug back up.

Teaser:
Ema's real name is Emma, but she dresses all in black and has a bunch of tattoos, so some of the kids, way back when, considered her "emo" and then someone combined "Emma" wit "emo" and cleverly (I'm being sarcastic when I say "cleverly") dubbed her Ema.

Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: Grab your current readOpen to a random pageShare two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! To see what others are sharing on the Teaser Tuesdays, check the comments at: http://adailyrhythm.com/




Share the first paragraph (or a few) from a book you are reading. Here's the link: Bibliophile By The Sea

11 comments:

  1. Sounds very suspenseful. My niece is a great fan of Coben's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I love Coben, so I know I'm going to read this one ... eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teenagers and their problems....sounds like a good one!
    I've never read any of these, but at least five of them are on my list. I'd forgotten all about 'Back Channel'.
    Today I'm featuring Orphan #8

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really enjoyed Harlan Coben's adult books and I've meant to try this YA series for a while. Now to find book #1, because...must read in order. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always on the lookout for a new series. I haven't read Harlan Coben, but since you recommend him, I am going to add to my every growing list.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know Coben wrote a YA series. I've only ever read one of his stand alones, which I loved. I want to try his adult series. I like the intro you shared--very to the point and yet it says so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That opening certainly got my attention! I'd probably have to start at the beginning of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the opening! I haven't read any books by Harlan Coben, but this looks good. I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the opening! I haven't read any books by Harlan Coben, but this looks good. I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete